In this Back to the Tropics Dessert, Macaroons and pineapple whisk your taste buds off on a tropical holiday.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple In syrup
1 package (13¾ ounces):soft coconut macaroons
1 half-gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
½ cup chopped macadamia nuts or almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 400℉. Drain pineapple, reserving ¼ cup syrup. Crumble macaroons into ungreased jelly roll pan, 15½ X 10½ X 1-inch.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown; cool completely. Reserve about 2 tablespoons macaroon crumbs.
- Mix remaining crumbs and the pineapple syrup in ungreased springform pan, 9 X 3 inches.
- Press evenly on bottom and 1-inch up side of pan. Mix ice cream, nuts and pineapple. Spread in pan.
- Cover and freeze about 8 hours or until firm. Run knife around edge of dessert to loosen; remove side of pan.
- Spoon or pipe sweetened whipped cream on top of dessert, if desired.
- Sprinkle with reserved macaroon crumbs. Serves 12.