A simple flavorful salad of baby greens, pears and walnuts with a an easy, homemade blue cheese salad dressing.
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 (5-ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- 2 large ripe pears, halved, cored, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
1. In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, mustard, shallot and thyme. Whisk to blend. Gradually whisk in oil.
2. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
1. Toss greens in large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Top with pears, cheese and walnut.
2. Drizzle lightly with remaining dressing and serve.