This slaw is adapted from Susie Jiminez's recipe from the Next Food Network Star. I loved the idea of using guacamole instead of mayo in a slaw.
Serve this as a side at your next BBQ or use it as a crunchy topping for our Fish Tacos.
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cabbage headed, shredded
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together lime juice, evoo and avocado, mash well with a potato masher or fork.
2. Add cabbage, jalapeño, cilantro, onions, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
3. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.