Deviled eggs was on my list to make for the Sabbath until I found this recipe for Avocado Egg Salad. The word avocado is magic and when I see it, likely, there will be a new dish on the horizon. That happened today and now we have a new dish waiting to be eaten.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil for 10 minutes, then transfer eggs to a bowl of warm water. Allow eggs to rest in the warm water for 10 more minutes.
2. Peel and rinse eggs under cold water to cool; cube eggs.
3. Mash eggs, avocado, and mustard in a bowl with a fork until well mixed. Season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Top with a little dill or other herb.