This easy, bright, and refreshing Avgolemono chicken soup, a Greek favorite, can be made from ingredients you usually have on hand.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 quarts classic chicken stock, or Manischewitz All-Natural Chicken Broth
- 1 cup white rice
- 3 eggs
- Juice of 3 lemons (about 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
2. Add rice, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. When rice is cooked, remove pot from heat.
4. Place eggs in a bowl and beat well. Beat in lemon juice.
5. While continuing to beat eggs vigorously, ladle out about 1 cup of chicken stock and beat it into the eggs. Pour egg and stock mixture back into the pot.
6. Return pot to heat and stir while stock thickens, but do not let it boil. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Recipe originally published in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Fall 2014