Enjoy this as a side for chicken or fish, or as a vegan main dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8Servings
- ½ cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 3 ounces whole mushrooms, wiped clean and quartered
- ½ cup diced onion
- Canola cooking spray
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ of a medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat until hot; add walnuts and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Set aside on separate plate.
3. Using the same pan, add 1 teaspoon canola oil, swirling to coat the bottom. Add mushrooms and onion, lightly coat vegetables with canola cooking spray and cook 2 minutes.
4. Add corn, bell peppers, and poultry seasoning; sauté 5 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm.
5. Drain rice, shaking off excess liquid and add to mushroom mixture, stir in walnuts, salt, and pepper. Drizzle remaining 2 teaspoons oil over rice and veggies, tossing gently.