This recipe is from my hubby's Aunt Carol, who says even Uncle Paul, a devout meat-only eater, ate it willingly every Pesach. My college son even takes a batch back with him.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 4 tablespoon butter, divided 1 Tbl. for greasing pan, can substitute cooking spray
- 6 matzoh boards
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk low-fat may be substituted
- 1 pound cottage cheese low-fat may be substituted, but not fat-free
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, optional for topping
Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Crumble matzohs into small pieces directly into the baking dish. Place remaining butter in microwave-safe bowl. Microcook for 1 minute or until melted. Set everything aside.
In a large mixing bowl, using a wire wisk, beat eggs with milk. Add cottage cheese, salt, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Pour mixture evenly over matzoh pieces (no need to stir). Use a spatula if necessary to make sure the matzoh is completely covered.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, then cover and continue to bake for 10 more minutes, or until the top is set.
Serve, sprinkled with sugar if desired.