Serve this asparagus and tomato frittata immediately. Or slice in wedges, cool, and wrap for a week's worth of breakfast on-the-go.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheese, such as Swiss or Gruyère
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Heat oil in a large ovenproof sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onions and salt; cook stirring frequently until onions are soft. Add asparagus and tomatoes; cook 5 minutes more, until veggies become tender.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Mix in cheese, then pour egg mixture over asparagus and allow to set for 1 minute. Bake in 450°F oven.
4. Cook for 10 minutes, until completely set. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.