Traditional bean salad takes on a new flavor and a nutritional boost with edamame soybeans and canola oil! The beans add fiber while canola oil adds healthy fats. Canola oil is low in saturated fat, trans fat free and high in monounsaturated fat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 2 cups fresh, green beans, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 can (16 oz) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh shelled edamame soybeans
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/ 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 14 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Cook green beans until tender crisp. Drain.
2. In a bowl, combine kidney and garbanzo beans. Stir in edamame soybeans, red onion and green beans.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk rice vinegar, sugar, canola oil, salt and pepper until thoroughly blended. Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir to coat beans.
4. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Source: Canola Info