This Asian Dipping Sauce pairs savory and sweet. Prepare a batch for your next barbecue and serve with Quick BBQ Rib Lettuce Wraps.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cupServings
- 4 ancho chiles, stemmed, seeded and soaked in hot water for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, grated on a microplane
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a blender or food processor, process anchos, ginger, sesame oil, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and garlic until thick sauce consistency.
2. Stir in sesame seeds and scallions. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.