- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 8 oz. pound Orzo, Small Shells or other small pasta shape, uncooked
- 2 cups poached chicken, cut into chunks
- 4 oz. spinach leaves, stems removed and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 red bell pepper, ribs removed and cut into strips
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. Teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. prepared chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 3 tbsp. slivered almonds, toasted
1 Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2 In large mixing bowl, combine pasta, chicken, spinach, sprouts, pepper, and scallions.
3 In a small mixing bowl, mix together remaining ingredients except almonds; whisk well.
4 Toss dressing with pasta mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5 Sprinkle almonds over top just before serving.
Source: National Pasta Association