If you are in the mood to add a different cuisine to your typical BBQ food, try these Asian flavored Turkey thighs.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 Cup plain barbecue sauce
- 1/4 Cup sliced green onions, white and green parts
- 3 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 Pounds TURKEY THIGHS, skinned and excess fat removed
1 In 2-cup measure, combine barbecue sauce, onions, soy sauce, sesame seeds, garlic and ginger. Remove 1/3 cup, cover and refrigerate.
2 Pierce holes in thighs using tines of fork.
3 In self-closing food-safe plastic bag, combine thighs and remaining marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally to marinate evenly.
4 Serve hot with favorite rice dish and a vegetable, if desired.
5 NOTE: To set up GAS grill for indirect cooking, preheat all burners on high. Turn one burner off; place thighs over “off” burner. Reset remaining burner(s) to medium.
6 Close lid to cook. To set up CHARCOAL grill for indirect cooking, arrange hot coals around outer edge of grill; place disposable aluminum pan in open space. Place thighs over open area and close lid to cook.
Source: National Turkey Federation