This salad just seems fancy, but it’s not! (Shhh...) I like that it works for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (or fourth meal.) Here’s a secret: You can poach eggs up to 3 hours ahead of time and just carefully reheat under warm water. Easy but impressive.
To poach eggs: Individually crack eggs into a bowl or cup and bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Using a large spoon, stir water to create a whirlpool effect. Gently pour cracked, checked eggs into boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove eggs using slotted spoon.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 4 eggs, poached
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried sumac
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and have ice water ready nearby. Blanch asparagus for 2 minutes, or just until the color turns bright green. Stop the cooking in the ice water and dice.
2. To make dressing, whisk together shallot and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Slowly drizzle in evoo while whisking. Then whisk in sumac, salt, and pepper to taste.
3. When ready to serve, toss arugula with asparagus, tomatoes, and dressing. Top with feta and eggs.