Artichokes and lemon brighten up this creamy classic French gratin.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Cooking spray
- 3 pounds Russet Idaho potatoes
- 1½ quarts heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups canned artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1⅓ cups fresh grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Juice of 2 whole lemons
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Thinly slice peeled potatoes and place in cold water.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream, eggs, artichokes, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
4. Drain potatoes and pat dry. Stir potatoes in artichoke mixture, and toss. Pour into greased pan. Cover with plastic wrap and foil.
5. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle top with remaining ⅓ cup Parmesan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
6. Remove from heat, let cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Or cool, cover, chill and reheat.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission