Slice leftovers into wedges, store in the refrigerator, and it becomes a quick breakfast during the week.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 (6-ounce) jar or can of artichoke hearts, drained (not marinated)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Coarsely chop artichoke hearts. Heat olive oil in a 10-inch cast iron pan over medium flame. Add onions and cook until they are translucent.
3. Add garlic and broccoli, sauté until onions begin to brown and broccoli is cooked through but still crisp. Remove from heat.
4. In a large bowl, combine eggs, peppers, dill, and milk. Whisk until well beaten. Add parmesan, almonds, artichokes, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Stir gently.
5. Pour mixture over the broccoli and onions. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese over the top of the eggs. Do not stir.
6. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until firm. Place under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Serve hot or at room temperature.