- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24-30 ServingsServings
- 2 chicken breasts (pre-cooked)
- ¾ chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- ¾ cup chopped shitake mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped white mushrooms
- [Optional- ½ cup shredded cabbage (white)]
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- ½ cup creamy Peanut Butter (add a few more tbsp if you really like PB)
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of General Tsou2019s sauce (there are many kosher brands including Iron Chef)
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup peanuts slightly chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package round wonton wrappers
- Sesame Oil
1 Preheat oven to 350. Grease regular or mini muffin pan. Shred the cooked chicken breasts with a grater and set aside. Sauté the celery, garlic, and onion in sesame oil for 8 minutes or until soft.
2 Add the shredded chicken, cabbage, mushrooms, and water chestnuts and sauté for 8-10 additional minutes. Add peanut butter, both sauces, and sugar and sauté the whole mixture for an additional 5 minutes (Add more of either sauce or peanut butter to your taste preference.)
3 Add the peanuts and remove the pan from fire after they are mixed in. Press one wonton wrap (Lightly brushed with sesame oil) into each cup of the muffin pan, with the edges out to the sides of the cup. Place one scoop of the mixture into each cup.
4 Bake for about 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven or until the outer wrappers are crisp and golden. Allow to cool slightly in the pan before removing to a serving tray. Makes 24-30 regular size muffin cups worth.