- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 - 10 servings ServingsServings
- 4 cups:apricot nectar
- 1 cup:chicken or vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoon:margarine
- 1/2 cup:chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoon:brown sugar
- 1/4 cup:honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoon:kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon:cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon:ground pepper
- 5 lb:Sweet potatoes; peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
- 4 lg:Carrots; pared and sliced
- 1/4 cup:Pitted prunes
- Preheat oven to 400. Generously grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- In a large sauce pan combine the nectar, broth, margarine, apricots, brown sugar, honey, salt, cinnamon and pepper and heat until the margarine melts.
- Add the sweet potatoes and carrots; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce to a slow boil, cook until potatoes begin to soften about 15 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon transfer the potatoes and carrots to the prepared dish. Add the prunes.
- Pour the juices from pot over the potatoes and cover with heavy duty foil, press the foil firmly to the potatoes and seal the edges tightly (you can do this in a large covered casserole dish as well)l.
- Bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown on top about 55 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes. Serves 8 to 10 as a side dish.