This easy chicken recipe coaxes big flavor out of just a few pantry ingredients.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1½ tablespoons canola oil
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 6 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 4 teaspoons apricot jam, at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut onion into thin, round slices. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; drizzle with oil.
3. Bake onions at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly browned.
4. Skin chicken and cut so you have a total of 8 pieces.
5. When onions have browned, take out of oven. Dip chicken into onion soup mix and place upside down (bone up) on onions.
6. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and turn chicken pieces over; bake 30 minutes more.
5. Remove from oven, smear onions over chicken, and bake 30 minutes more.