This is a simple, sweet and delicious summertime recipe that we make every few weeks during apricot season.
- 2 chicken legs, thighs (bone in)
- 2 ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon margarine (Earth Balance is best)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (peeled and minced finely)
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375.
Melt margarine and place halved apricots in frying pan, sliced side down. Cook them over medium heat for 5 minutes. Flip the apricots and cook for another 3 minutes.
Remove apricots and brown chicken in the same frypan. Add more margarine if necessary. When both sides are browned (about 5-7 minutes for each side), place in a pan with the rest of the ingredients and the apricot on top. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook chicken for 30 minutes until no longer pink inside (the meat thermometer should read 165 degrees).