This recipe for making your own homemade applesauce can be used for latkes and as an ingredient for the zucchini chocolate cakes. Make double if you plan on using it for both dishes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 cups cored, peeled, and diced apple
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Place all ingredients in a 4-quart saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes, or until the apples are very soft.
2. Mash apples with a potato masher for a chunky texture,or purée them to desired consistency in a food processor.