For a change from chicken, try roasted duck. The apples and onions here add an interesting mixed flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 duck, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 large apples, cored and sliced
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 1/3-1/2 cup sweet white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place onions and apples in a baking dish.
2. Put duck halves on top of onions and apples, breast side up. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour or until duck is tender depending on size of duck.
3. During the last 15 minutes of cooking time, remove the foil and baste with wine. When done, remove the duck from the oven and turn the heat up to broil.
4. Place the duck under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until duck is golden brown.