- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups applewood chips, soaked in water for 3 hours
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 3 to 3½ pounds bone-in turkey breast
- 1 recipe Rosemary Apple Salsa
1. Prepare ROSEMARY APPLE SALSA recipe.
2. In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine vinegar, water, salt, chili powder, pepper, marjoram and lemon zest. Place turkey breast in bag, seal, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking. Drain water from applewood chips and add chips to hot coals.
4. Remove turkey from marinade and reserve marinade. Place turkey, skin-side-up, on grill rack over drip pan.
5. Cover and grill turkey 1 to 1½ hours or until food thermometer inserted into deepest portion of breast reaches 165 to 170°F. Add applewood chips to coals as necessary.
6. In a small saucepan, over high heat, bring reserved marinade to boil and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Cool and brush over turkey breast during last 40 minutes of grilling time.
7. Let turkey stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve sliced turkey breast with Rosemary Apple Salsa.
National Turkey Federation