- Prep Time
- 4,6 ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. light agave nectar or 1/2 tsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 apples, cored, unpeeled and small diced (suggest Cripps Pink, Jonagold or Braeburn varieties) 1 small jicama, peeled and small diced
- 1 medium cucumber, unpeeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, finely minced
1 In a small bowl, whisk together apple juice, vinegar and agave nectar with salt. Drizzle in the olive oil and continue to whisk until incorporated. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl combine apples, jicama, cucumber, onion, pepitas and chives. Stir in the vinaigrette and combine well to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with more pepitas and chives.
Source: Chef Alexandra I. Lopez and the U.S. Apple Association