I love this recipe because it is super easy to prepare. All you need is a bowl and a mixing spoon. Almost anyone can make this cake, guaranteed. It is a great recipe for kids, or anyone who is intimidated by baking.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Nonstick cooking spray, such as PAM
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 teaspoon boiling hot water
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup cubed or shredded apples (optional)
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray a 10-inch loaf pan or 9-x13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, juice, eggs, honey, vanilla, and coffee.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and spices.
5. Combine the baking soda and spices with the flour and then stir the flour into the batter until thoroughly mixed.
6. Fold in the apples.
7. Pour batter into pan. Bake for forty minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.