- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8-10 ServingsServings
- 3 firm apples cored and sliced into batons and tossed with lemon juice to keep from discoloring
- 3 fennel bulbs (green stems trimmed and saved for garnish), sliced very thinly on a mandoline or Asian slicer
- 3 pounds beets, roasted and sliced
- 6 cups wild baby arugula (this is a very sturdy leaf and will hold up to the assertive flavors and textures of the other ingredients)
- Garnish: edible flowers
For the Beets
- 3 pounds fresh beets (I like to shake things up and use red, golden and Chioggia (candy striped) beets for a brightly colored salad)
- Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. Drizzle the beets with olive oil and wrap them individually with foil to form little packets.
3. Roast the beets until they can be easily pierced with a paring knife (about 45 minutes for medium sized beets). Set aside to cool before slicing.
You can serve this salad tossed or composed. Dress the salad lightly with this Pomegranate Vinaigrette before serving.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Fall 2012. Subscribe Now.