One of the reasons we love this tart is because of its flexibility. Call it apples for Rosh Hashana, cranberries for Thanksgiving, fruit for Tu B'shevat or just a great dessert for all year.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8Servings
- 2-3 tart apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 unbaked pie shell
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Pour the caramel sauce into 10 inch glass or metal pie plate. Swirl to coat bottom.
3. Overlap one third of the apple slices on the caramel. Top with one third of the cranberries and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Repeat twice with remaining fruit and sugar, Dot with butter.
3. Lay pastry loosely over fruit. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. Remove to rack and cool 5 minutes.
5. Tilt pie plate over small bowl and pour off any accumulated juices.
6. Invert serving plate over pie. Turn both over together. Lift off pie plate.
7. Serve tart warm with vanilla ice cream.