This is a recipe I found and made some simple changes to. It is perfect for fall. Enjoy!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 48 ServingsServings
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 apples, peeled, diced
- /4 cup finely chopped almonds (to taste)
- 1 Cup Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
1 In a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, beat brown sugar and margarine until creamy. Add 1/2 cup cider and eggs; beat until smooth. Reduce to low speed, gradually blend in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir in diced apples and chopped almonds. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart.
2 Bake in a 375°F (190°C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
3 To make Cider Glaze: In small bowl combine powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons apple cider until smooth. Remove cookies onto wire racks to cool. Drizzle with Cider Glaze while still warm.