Transform your fall apple cake with seltzer. Once you try these recipes you might not be able to stop. Seltzer will make everything better.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- ½ cup butter, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅝ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 ½ cups grated apple
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup Vintage Original Seltzer
1. Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-x 5-inch loaf pan.
2. Place the flour in a bowl, and mix well; rub in the butter until the pieces are the size of small peas.
3. Stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the walnuts, raisins, and apples. Add the grated lime zest, eggs, pineapple juice, and Vintage Original Seltzer.
4. Beat well until thoroughly combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan, and smooth the top.
5. Bake for about 1 ¼ hours, or until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Turn out, and cool on wire rack.