If these are not the best apple buns around, then who knows what else could be! Make sure to eat them warm and get all the sticky syrup!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (add more if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 apples, shredded
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1 stick) margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, margarine and water in a large bowl. Mix well. Add additional flour gradually if dough is too moist and hard to work with.
1. Combine shredded apples, sugar and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Set aside.
1. Roll dough into a 11x17 inch rectangle.
2. Spread the apple mixture evenly over the dough.
3. Roll the dough, from the long end, jelly roll style. Slice the roll into 1-inch slices. Place the apple buns close together into two (9-inch round) glass baking dishes.
1. Combine water, sugar, brown sugar, margarine and cinnamon in a small pot. Stir over low heat until all ingredients are melted.
2. Pour syrup over apple buns.
3. Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake 1 hour. Serve warm.