Apple juice and brown sugar glaze make this barbecued chicken a scrumptious, delectable, finger-licking dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- ⅛ teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 (3-pound) chicken, cut into 4 pieces
1. Combine everything but the chicken and oil in heavy small saucepan. Cook sauce over a medium heat until sugar dissolves.
2. Prepare grill to a medium-high heat.
3. Brush chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Grill until chicken is almost cooked through, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes.
5. At this point brush chicken with glaze and continue basting and grilling until chicken is tender and cooked through turning occasionally, about 10 minutes longer.
For even more flavor, try marinating the chicken in the glaze before doing the grilling.