- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 cups:raw sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups:sliced, unpeeled cooking apples
- 1-1/2 cups:carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup:small, pitted prunes, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons:grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup:unsweetened orange juice
- 1/4 cup:honey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons:light brown sugar
- pinch:of cinnamon
- pinch:of ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350. Coat a 9x13 baking pan with a non-stick spray.
- Layer half of the potatoes in the bottom of the pan, overlapping the edges.
- Repeat with half of the apples then spread half of the carrots and prunes over the top. Repeat layers.
- In a bowl combine the orange peel, orange juice, honey, brown sugar cinnamon and ginger and mix well.
- Drizzle the sauce evenly over the top and then tilt the pan to make sure it covers all the layers.
- Cover tightly with a sheet of aluminum foil. Pierce with 8-10 one-inch slits so steam may vent.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until dish is steamed and tender.
- Serves 10 to 12