My daughter serves this apple and carrot salad as an appetizer. I personally like to serve it as a salad with the main course. My mother-in-law serves it as a healthy, sweet dessert. Talk about versatile!
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6Servings
- 2 cups firmly packed shredded apple
- 2 cups shredded, firmly packed carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the shredded apples, carrots and raisins (if using).
2. In another bowl whisk together the lemon juice, sour cream or mayonnaise, vanilla and honey.
3. Pour the dressing over the apple carrot salad and toss well. Serve immediately.