If you love ketchup and barbecue sauce you will absolutely adore this American marinade. Make a double batch and serve with burgers, hot dogs or sausages.
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Bragg liquid amino acids (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon mustard
1. Blend together ketchup vinegar, amino acids/soy sauce, garlic, red pepper, mustard. This will make more than you need, save for future use.
2. Rub steaks all over with the marinade and let sit while you preheat your grill.
3. Once grill is hot place your steaks on and don't touch until a full sear develops, between 1 and 5 minutes. Once seared turn to the other side. After both sides are seared, lower the heat and continue cooking until done.
4. Remove to a plate and loosely tent with foil for about 10 minutes.
5. When ready, slice thin and serve.
Recipe by Naftali Hanau