The addition of coconut and orange gives this Thanksgiving Day dessert the texture and flavor of ambrosia.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- ⅔ cup flaked coconut
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix eggs, corn syrup, sugars, orange juice, butter, orange peel, and salt until well blended. Stir in pecans and coconut.
3. Pour filling into pastry shell. Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack.
Source: adapted from www.tasteofhome.com