This classic Indian recipe has cauliflower and potatoes and is pure comfort food with tons of spices and flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 small green chili, chopped into small pieces, or 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large cauliflower, leaves removed and cut into small florets
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup of water
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and spices, then add chopped cilantro or parsley.
3. Add chopped chili (according to taste); cook sauce for 5 minutes.
1. In a separate pot, steam potatoes and cauliflower in ¼ cup of water. Cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked.
2. Pour sauce over potatoes and cauliflower until evenly dispersed. Garnish with cilantro or parsley, if desired.