These Almond Popcorn Balls are the perfect on-the-go snack, filled with healthy ingredients that will give you an energy boost any time of day.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup EDEN Popcorn
- 3 Tbsp EDEN Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp EDEN Sea salt
- 8 ounces EDEN Tamari Roasted Almonds
- 1/2 cup EDEN Barley Malt Syrup
- 1/2 cup organic pure maple syrup
1. Pop the popcorn according to package directions and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the almonds.
2. Place the syrups in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer, stirring constantly for about 5 to 7 minutes. Pour the hot syrup over the popcorn and almonds. Mix thoroughly until all the popcorn and almonds are covered with syrup.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the popcorn on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. With a spatula, loosen the popcorn from the baking sheet to prevent sticking.
4. Place 1 cup cold water in a bowl. Lightly moisten your hands with water. Working quickly, take a handful of popcorn and form it into a fist size ball, packing like you would a snowball. Repeat, lightly moistening your hands as needed, until all the popcorn is formed into balls. Refrigerate to harden the syrup for 30 minutes before serving.
Find this recipe and more at Eden Foods.