There are quite a few ways to make stuffed peaches. This almond filling is easy to prepare and tastes great. A nice, healthy summer dessert. They can be made in advance and reheated for serving.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 6-ounces almond paste (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons cold butter or margarine, cut into 8 pieces
1. Heat oven to 400.
2. Put a baking sheet on a rack and then put the peaches on the baking sheet, skin-side down.
3. In a food processor, puree almond paste, water, and lemon juice. Spoon mixture into the centers of the peaches.
4. Top each mound of almond paste with a piece of the butter.
5. Bake in the lower third of the oven until peaches are tender and almond paste is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
6. Serve warm.