Make your sole come alive with almonds and olives in this flavorful fish recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup crushed almonds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ pounds sole fillets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 ounces leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup olives, halved
- ½ cup fish stock*
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1. Combine almonds and salt in a shallow bowl; set aside.
2. Brush one side of each fish fillet with egg, then dredge in salted almonds, and set aside.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium sized sauce pan. Add leeks and celery and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
4. Stir in olives, fish stock*, and lemon juice; cook until heated through.
5. Remove from heat and whisk in tarragon, butter, and black pepper. Set aside.
6. Heat remaining oil in a large sauté pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Cook fish in batches, almond side down, for 2 minutes, then flip and cook on remaining side for 30 to 60 seconds.
7. Transfer cooked fish to serving plate and top with sauce just before serving.
Source: California Olive
*Substitute vegetable stock if desired.