I made these lace cookies at the end of Passover and then again a week later because they were that good. If you are gluten free or if it's Passover, potato starch is perfect, otherwise flour is fine. They do need time to cool and don't transport so well, but I froze them and brought them to a friend anyway and they were still great, so enjoy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 CookiesServings
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Morad Amaretto
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons flour or potato starch
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, melted in ziptop bag
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine brown sugar, coconut oil, and amaretto in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds more (mixture will bubble); whisk until smooth.
3. Stir in ground almonds, flour or potato starch, and salt.
4. Scrape mixture into center of a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Spread into a 12-inch circle. Bake at 350°F for 9 minutes, rotating pan after 4 minutes. Lift baking paper and cookie onto a wire rack.
3. Prepare chocolate chips by putting them in a ziptop bag. Place in microwave for 15 seconds to melt.
4. Snip a hole in the bottom corner of bag, and drizzle chocolate over cookie. Cut it in large pieces and let cool and harden a bit.
Adapted from Cooking Light