The perfect treat with a warm cup of tea, these crunchy almond honey cluster cookies use almonds in three different forms: oil, ground into flour, and whole.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 32 clustersServings
- 2¾ cups whole natural almonds, roasted, divided*
- Almond oil or corn oil for greasing pan
- ½ cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Place 1½ cups of almonds in the blender or food processor and process until ground.
3. Line a baking sheet with greased foil and stir together ground almonds, whole almonds and honey in a medium bowl, mixing well.
4. Line the work surface with wax paper. With clean, wet hands, form the mass into a sticky ball; divide in half. Keep dividing each ball in half until there are 32 small clusters.
5. Lay each cluster on prepared baking sheet and bake 30 minutes.
6. Let cool completely before removing from foil –cookies will still be soft and chewy. Serve, or store airtight for up to 3 days.
1. Spread almonds in an ungreased baking pan.
2. Place in 350° F oven and bake 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant; stir once or twice to assure even browning.
Note that almonds will continue to roast slightly after removing from oven.
Source: Almond Board of California