Coucous is a Middle Eastern side dish that can take the place of rice. Best served with a dish that has lots of gravy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups couscous
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs leafy fresh mint chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 ounces flaked almonds
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley chopped
1. Mix couscous with olive oil and mint in a large bowl.
2. Bring chicken stock to a boil in a small saucepan and pour over the couscous.
3. Cover with clingwrap and allow to stand for twenty minutes, undisturbed.
While is couscous is standing, toast the almonds in the oven until golden brown.
4. Using a large fork, fluff up the couscous and sprinkle with the parsley and toasted almonds, before serving with the lamb shanks.