Editor's Note: This nutrient packed Almond Cake uses only 5 ingredients to create a fabulous and healthy dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup grape sugar or ½ cup honey or date syrup
- 5 large egg whites (about 60 grams)
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
Almond Crust (Optional):
- 1 ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup date syrup
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Place the almond flour in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt using an electric egg beater. Whisk until soft mounds form. Whisk in almond and/or vanilla extract. Add the egg white mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients and stir until it comes together. Add in the grape sugar, honey, or date syrup. Spread the contents of the bowl in a grease baking pan. The cake batter should be 1 inch thick.
4. For the crust: Roast the almonds over a medium flame for 2-5 minutes until slightly golden brown. Stir in the date paste and salt. The crust is optional. The cake tastes just as good without, however I find that the crust gives it a nice texture. Spread the chopped nut crust in a baking dish. Then spread the contents of the bowl over the crust. The cake batter should be 1 inch thick.
5. Bake the cake for 20 to 22 minutes or until begins to golden. Do not the let the top brown too much. Set cake to cool and enjoy!