Simple and delicious, this pareve almond butter sandwich is a perfect lunch for adults and kids alike.
- Prep Time
- 2 slices good-quality white bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- ½ cup sprouts, tightly packed
1. Cut each slice of bread into quarters.
2. Divide almond butter among quarters, spreading to the edges.
3. Slice cherry tomatoes thinly; discard ends and divide slices among four quarters.
4. Peel cucumber; then use a vegetable peeler or mandoline to slice it lengthwise into long, wide, very thin strips, discarding slices that are small or filled with too many seeds.
5. Pile cucumber “ribbons” on top of tomatoes.
6. Pile on sprouts, top finger sandwiches with remaining bread quarters, and serve.
Source: Almond Board of California