Pie for Passover? Yes you can! This almond butter pie is topped with rich chocolate ganache for an amazing finish to a dairy meal.
This pie is a great make ahead dessert as it needs a couple of hours to chill in the freezer before serving.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 Gefen gluten-free pie crust
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork and pre-bake pie crust according to package instructions. Set aside.
2. Place cream cheese and almond butter in a large bowl and mix until smooth and combined.
3. Add sugar and vanilla and mix well.
4. Carefully spread almond butter mixture on top of pie crust in an even layer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
5. Place chocolate in a small metal or glass bowl and place over a pot of simmering water. Stir chocolate until it melts. Add heavy cream and stir until it all comes together and is smooth. Take off heat and cool slightly.
6. Pour chocolate over top of almond butter mixture, cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
7. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle sea salt over top, slice and serve. Refrigerate any leftover pie.