These Southwestern meatballs get their kick from smoky chipotle peppers.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- cooked rice (optional)
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, egg, 2 tablespoons cilantro and water in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
2. Divide beef mixture into 12 equal portions; shape into meatballs. Set aside.
3. Combine tomato sauce and peppers in stockpot; bring to a boil. Add meatballs.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 14 to 16 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time to cover meatballs with sauce and ensure even cooking.
5. Serve over rice, and garnish with cilantro, if desired.