Al Mazieh - this fabulous sweet is served at special occasions.
- Cook Time
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled, blanched and peeled
- 1 cup almonds, blanched and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water or orange blossom water
1. Combine cornstarch, sugar, and 9 cups of water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon for 10 minutes or until the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
3. Add pistachios, almonds, and rose water to the saucepan. Stir until well-blended.
4. Pour the pudding into a 2-quart non-stick mold or a large glass serving bowl.
5. Let the pudding cool thoroughly. Refrigerate uncovered. Remove from mold and serve.