I love Acorn Squash Chips and now I have a new way to use them - on top of this delicious salad, filled with lentils and greens and a sprinkling of cheese. I used this amazing Goat Cheese Parmesan I just got from the Cheese Guy, but any cheese should work, from Feta to goat to pecorino.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 acorn squash and acorn squash seeds
- 1 cup green lentils
- 2 bunches arugula
- 1 ounce cheese of choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut squash and remove seeds.
3. Wash the seeds, strain and place on a baking pan with 1 teaspoon oil or butter and a little salt. Roast for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Bring up temperature of the oven to 400.
5. Slice squash thin and mix with just enough oil to coat, then add a sprinkling of salt. Place on parchment paper on baking sheet, don't overlap. Roast for about 20 minutes, turning pieces over half way through. Remove from heat.
6. Meanwhile, bring 1 cup of lentils and 2 1/2 cups water to a boil then simmer for 20-25 minutes until soft, but not mushy. (I prefer the green French lentils for salads.) Drain and mix with some salt to taste and set aside to cool.
1. Mix all ingredients in a jar or whisk in bowl.
When ready to serve, lay lettuce on plate, top with lentils, then the dressing then the squash chips and seeds and a sprinkling of cheese. Enjoy.