How great looking are these? On this “potato festival” we are forced to constantly reinvent these little spuds, and it’s easy to get bored. But these babies are too fabulous for words! The secret is the red-skinned potatoes: they hold their shape well and are creamier and slightly sweeter than russet potatoes. Crisp chopped garlic, coarse flake kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and quality olive oil finish off this superb show-stopping side.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 to 10Servings
- 2 1/2 pounds medium-sized red potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Carefully slice each potato crosswise, about 8 times or every 1/8-inch, but not slicing all the way through to the bottom, leaving about 1/4 inch intact on the bottom.
3. Place potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle garlic evenly over all potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until tender and browned.
From the Joy of Kosher Cookbook. Order your copy, 199 more recipes.