Make this hamantaschen recipe with your kids. It’s that fun and easy. Chocolate and peanut butter is a classic combination that is perfect for hamantaschen.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
6 tablespoons butter, softened
5 tablespoons sugar
2 egg yolks
4 teaspoons nutella
1⅓ cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 ounces (¼ cup) peanut butter (1 teaspoon per hamantaschen)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Add the butter and sugar to a bowl. Mix until fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks. Mix.
- Add the Nutella. Mix.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Mix until crumbly. Then squeeze into a ball with your hands.
- Place the dough on a big sheet of plastic wrap. Fold the wrap over the dough. Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness (1/2 cm). Place in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- Remove dough from the plastic and fix any cracks with your fingers. Cut circles (about 2 1/2 – 3 inch) with a cookie cutter or cup. Remove scraps. Place each circle on a non-stick baking tray.
- Place 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in the center of each circle. Carefully fold 3 sides and pinch the corners. The hamantaschen will crumble, so just pinch them back together into a triangle shape.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. When the hamantaschen are golden on the corners, remove from oven and allow to cool before touching. It’s hard to resist, but these hamantaschen are even better when they cool down.