Celebrate fall with these warm, sweet tarts. They're unbelievably easy to make, and will impress your friends and family.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ pound frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine, melted
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Roll out pastry dough on a lightly floured surface until about ⅛-inch thick. Use a pizza cutter to cut dough into 8, 4x5-inch rectangles. Transfer dough to an ungreased baking sheet and prick all over with a fork.
3. Peel, core and thinly slice apples; toss in lemon juice to prevent from browning. Layer 4 to 5 slices of apple on each pastry rectangle, then brush with melted butter.
4. Combine sugar and cardamom in a small bowl. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of sugar mixture over each tart.
5. Bake at 400°F for 20 to 23 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
TIP: When serving this at a dairy meal, substitute butter for margarine.